Looking for more from Sean McLachlan? He also hangs out on the Midlist Writer blog, where he talks about writing, adventure travel, caving, and everything else he gets up to. He also reproduces all the posts from Civil War Horror, so drop on by!

Monday, October 8, 2012

My historical fantasy novella has been published online by Black Gate!

Black Gate has just published my historical fantasy novella The Quintessence of Absence, about a young wizard in the grip of addiction who discovers his drug of choice is at the center of a sorcerous conspiracy.

It was accepted and paid for five years ago, and now my long wait is over. Sad to say, Black Gate recently stopped doing a print edition. It would have been nice to see it on a dead tree, but I suppose given the website's popularity my story will get more readers this way.

Happy reading!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations again, Sean! Five years is long wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A ridiculously long wait! Thankfully you've had other things to cover the time!

      Delete
  2. Well done from Madrid, Sean. I'll add that to my... er... my "reading folder"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Sounds like an intriguing idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dead tree products are nice on the shelf, but digital is the real world. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the book! ill be adding it to my list of reads!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would they allow you to publish it yourself in Print? Createspace has been very good to me so far.

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Feel free! No anonymous comments allowed, though. Too many spammers and haters on the Internet.