Looking for more from Sean McLachlan? He also hangs out on the Midlist Writer blog, where he talks about writing, adventure travel, caving, and everything else he gets up to. He also reproduces all the posts from Civil War Horror, so drop on by!

Monday, July 8, 2013

Tsarist coastal artillery in Estonia and Jesse James in Italy


While I was away on my writing retreat in Tangier I popped up on the Web a couple of times. The organizers of the èStoria Festival, who hosted me for the release of the Italian edition of my Jesse James book, have posted this video of my panel on the outlaw. Everyone's speaking Italian except for yours truly, so I'll forgive you if you don't watch it.

I also did a guest post for the Osprey Publishing blog on a shore battery in Estonia dating to the Tsarist era. It’s located near the village of Suurupi, overlooking the Gulf of Finland. It's an interesting bit of military history and nearly gave us a nasty surprise!

2 comments:

  1. Lucky me - I scrolled to a place where you were talking. Excellent speaking voice. You sound like you've been in front of a microphone many times previously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm a failed actor. Not good enough for Broadway or Hollywood, but good enough to hide my nerves in front of a crowd of Italian history fans.

      Delete

Got something to say? Feel free! No anonymous comments allowed, though. Too many spammers and haters on the Internet.