Looking for more from Sean McLachlan? He also hangs out on the Midlist Writer blog, where he talks about writing, adventure travel, caving, and everything else he gets up to. He also reproduces all the posts from Civil War Horror, so drop on by!

Saturday, July 28, 2012

My new travel series: Exploring Orkney: Scotland's Rugged Northern Isles


As I mentioned earlier, I spent a week in the Orkney Islands exploring the archaeological and natural wonders there. I've started a series over at Gadling called "Exploring Orkney: Scotland's Rugged Northern Isles."  There's lots of good photos and information about this region's unique prehistory and folklore. Should be inspiring for writers and travelers alike. Check it out!

2 comments:

  1. The photo of you crawling out of the tomb - no thanks! Not into tight spaces like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll go over and check that out for sure as hubby is reading King Hereafter by Dorothy Dunnett, which is the story of Macbeth before and during the time he became king of Scotland. It's great and full of history info as Dunnett does her research. I've read it too. A lot of the action takes place in the Orkney Islands.

    I'll go over and comment on the other post.

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Feel free! No anonymous comments allowed, though. Too many spammers and haters on the Internet.