Looking for more from Sean McLachlan? He also hangs out on the Midlist Writer blog, where he talks about writing, adventure travel, caving, and everything else he gets up to. He also reproduces all the posts from Civil War Horror, so drop on by!

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Back from another trip

As I'm sure you've noticed and I hope you care, I haven't blogged for more than a week. That's because I was traveling in Belgium and The Netherlands to write a series for Gadling. I'm four articles in with several more to go. One post that fans of military history might find interesting is my visit to a series of German bunkers from World War Two.

A couple of weeks ago I was chatting online with a Dutch man from the Gouda region. He told me that the farmers there were fascinated by the American Civil War and many invested in Confederate war bonds. I kept an eye out for them when prowling through the antique stores in Antwerp but sadly I didn't find any. Strange that they threw money at the Confederate government. The Dutch are usually pretty shrewd in their investments!


Photo courtesy Wikimedia Commons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Feel free! No anonymous comments allowed, though. Too many spammers and haters on the Internet.