Looking for more from Sean McLachlan? He also hangs out on the Midlist Writer blog, where he talks about writing, adventure travel, caving, and everything else he gets up to. He also reproduces all the posts from Civil War Horror, so drop on by!

Friday, October 14, 2011

Pay it forward blogfest: my three picks

Today I'm skipping my usual Civil War Photo Friday to participate in the Pay it Forward Blogfest. We're all supposed to pick three blogs that deserve more attention. So here we go. . .

A daily dose of the Civil War
The Civil War Daily Gazette tells you all the latest news, 150 years after it happened. That's right, this tireless blogger is going the distance and posting every day until 1865, um, I mean 2015. I found this blog a couple of months ago and quickly got addicted. It's one of the few blogs I visit daily.

Grumpy writer tells all
Dean Wesley Smith may already be known to you. He is a hardworking midlister like yours truly and has decided to mix traditional publishing with self-publishing via Kindle. Because he's chosen a similar career path, I read his regular rants about the publishing industry and where it's headed. I do find him overly negative about publishers and agents and don't agree with his analysis all the time. That's a good thing. There would be no point in reading him if I always agreed with him!

Lost Treasure! Mysteries of History! Cryptids! Conspiracies!
Guerrilla Explorer takes on the shadowy areas of the world and history. Did Hitler fake his death? Probably not, but there's some intriguing evidence that makes this less silly than it sounds. I'm not convinced those Russian scientists will find anything on their Yeti hunt though. Oh, and the post on the Student Loan Conspiracy was downright depressing.

Head on over to these blogs and see if you like them. If you do, give them some love and leave a comment. tell them I sent you!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking part in the blogfest, Sean!

    And I wasn't following your blog until just now, so the fest is working!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list of people. Going to check some of them out. The yeti will never be found.

    ~Draven
    http://dravenames.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sean,

    I just wanted to thank you for recommending my site. Totally unnecessary yet totally appreciated. I like the other picks too. Great blog by the way...and good luck with A Fine Likeness!

    -David

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for following, guys! I got eight new followers from this blogfest and discovered lots of fun blogs I'd never heard of.
    Dave, keep up the good work with Guerrilla Explorer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shadowy history? Nice. I'll have to check that one out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. missed the pay it forward blog, so stopping by fashionably late! nice to meet you :)

    and neat blog... ive always liked history

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like some great picks, like a good conspiracy, will have a look as I blog hop about, no matter how slow..haha

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Feel free! No anonymous comments allowed, though. Too many spammers and haters on the Internet.